Monday 1 September 2014

Recent Purchases for Autumn/Winter- Topman Haul


With the summer slowing disappearing and the darker nights approaching, I've been excited to start searching for a few items to begin my autumn/winter wardrobe. This season is my favourite time of year clothes-wise, I love to layer and wrap up in darker colours and comfortable materials. So recently I visited the Trafford Centre with the aim to spend a bit of my savings on some key pieces to kick off the fall season. I'm constantly getting asked on twitter and in private messages about how to dress and where to shop, so this post will hopefully be helpful to some of you. If I had one tip it would be keep everything simple, and stick to one colour scheme. For me this year is has to be monochrome: blacks, whites and tonal greys. 



The first item I picked up was this grey/black check skater t-shirt, which I found in Topman for £16 (available here). I was immediately drawn to it because it is made from a much thicker material than the kind of tees you find in store for spring/summer. For this reason it's ideal for the wintery months. I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it too, as it is both comfortbable and easy to style- it should see me right through to summer next year. The one I purchased was in size XXS, something I was shocked about as this size is always much too small for me- I'm almost 6ft! The t-shirt is designed to be oversized, and in order to find a fit I was comfortable with, I opted for this much smaller option. In my opinion, the XXS fits like a normal M, so bear this in mind if you decide to order it online. 

Another staple for autumn/winter is a good pair of black jeans. I've been living in my Topman Super Spray Ons, an extremely tight pair which admittedly sometimes resemble leggins. If this is the look you're going for, I'd say these are the perfect pair. In my personal style, I always think the tighter the better when it comes to denim jeans- avoid bootleg at all costs guys. My size is 28/32, put I'd definitely advise trying these on in store before you buy. Topman/Topshop always have an impressive selection of jeans available, I wouldn't bother looking elsewhere.  Online, the black super spray ons I bought aren't currently available, but a pair of black spray ons are available here for £30. 

Another recent purchase was a pair of black (are you noticing a theme?) desert boot style shoes. The 'suedette lace-up chukka boots' are available here for £40, a price I was impressed with as similar boots from Clarks can retail for up to £100. I'm saving these shoes for nights out and parties in the festive season, as they are a smart and fashionable alternative to a brogue or formal shoe. In addition to this, they are also a change to the black vans that I wear day in day out, perfect for when I feel like switching it up. I've wanted a pair like this for a long time, so I'm really happy with this buy. 



A key trend for this coming winter is the Breton stripe, a style made famous by the iconic French designer Coco Chanel. You can see this type of print everywhere on the high street, and I found this £14 oversized tee in Topman here- which was also available in red and white as opposed to navy. This shirt is a basic, and can be paired with jackets, hoodies, and denim jeans of any colour. If you're looking for a versatile item with a nod to the stipe trend- this is your best bet. If you have a bigger budget or fancy a splurge, have a nosey at the Pretty Green and Fred Perry websites- but for me Topman always clinches it on price alone. 

Thanks for reading guys as always, and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin, twitter and instagram- all my links are on here somewhere! Leave a comment with your favourite trend or items you've been liking, I love hearing from you and I'll reply as soon as I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment