Thursday 7 August 2014

Everything You Need To Know

I decided my first post should probably introduce myself, and writing lengthy paragraphs about the ins-and-outs of my life would only seem like a conceited autobiography- so a 'Get To Know Me' tag feels like the perfect start. Are these things just for youtube?  idk, you can let me know.  My future posts will be a mixture of reviews, fashion, lifestyle- anything goes is the vibe around here. At least after reading this you'll know a little about me, who wants to listen to anon witter about their favourite things? Certainly not me...


1. Do you have a middle name?
As some of you will already know, my old twitter username was liamj4mes, and yep you guessed it- my middle name is James. It's short and easily remembered- I like it. It also makes my first two initials LJ, and in school I pushed so hard to be known universally as LJ, thankfully it didn't catch on.

2. What's your favourite subject in school?
I left high-school in 2012, but I can definitely recall the lessons I enjoyed the most. I'm really lucky in the fact that I did well in all of my GCSEs, somehow I just get it. My favourite lesson has always been English though, it's what I'm studying currently and am planning to continue at university come September. I also loved Media Studies, Art and Drama- they all kind of tie together in a way. These subjects also contrasted everything else I studied and allowed me a creative release- I feel like that is so important when you're deciding what to peruse.

3. What's your favourite drink?
The funny story about this is that my dentist was recently shocked and displeased to discover everything I drink is high in acidity- fruit juice, coke zero, vodka... That's a boring story for another day, but the important thing to remember is to opt for water and milk where possible, and I'm getting better at choosing the healthier options.

4. What is your current favourite song?
If you follow my twitter, you'll know about my adoration for certain artists, and my favourite songs change constantly. If it's by Mariah or Gaga, it's probably one of my faves- there's no denying it.  Something I'm loving in current pop though, is the return of disco beats reminiscent of anthems from the 70s. This disco revival is killer, I'm all for it.

5. What would you name your children?
Is it just me or does this question seem strangely heavier than the others? However, I'm pathetic enough to think about this kind thing on the odd occasion, I never come to any kind of conclusion though. It's a massive decision, and at 18 I'm definitely not ready to think about it too deeply just yet!

6. Do you participate in any sports?
For me this question is amusing, and the answer is always no. I'm neither sporty nor particularly competitive, I'm into fitness though. Running/ working out... occasionally...

7. What's your favourite book?
I study literature so books are obviously something I enjoy. My all time favourite is Harry Potter; I was born it the 90s so it's to be expected. My current favourites though, are Paper Towns by John Green and Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I posted about this on instagram if you follow me over there?


8. What's your favourite colour?
White. Some people will laugh and think this is a poor choice, but I like it's simplicity: clean and classy. I also like black for similar reasons, monochrome is always in style.

9. What's your favourite animal?
My best pal/bulldog Henry is my favourite animal, no brainer.

10. What's your favourite perfume?
Calvin Klein's 'CK ONE Summer' is my go to fragrance. This unisex fragrance is fruity and vibrant, I have so many good memories which come to mind when I smell it, I've worn it for about three years now.

11. What's your favourite holiday?
Assuming the writer of these questions was American, and holiday doesn't mean places I've travelled to, my favourite 'holiday' is definitely christmas. Summer isn't over and I'm already looking forward to the festive season.

12. Have you graduated from high school?
As I previously mentioned, I left high school in 2012. Since then I've been through sixth form, and am currently awaiting my A Level results, agh. Don't remind me.

13. Have you been out of the country?
I'm lucky enough to have travelled abroad many times, Europe, Africa, The States- I love holidays.

14. Do you speak any other languages?
I've studied Spanish and French in drips and drabs, but I wouldn't say I'm a confident speaker in any.

15. Do you have any siblings?
I have one older sister called Georgia, she's two years older than me and is currently at university in Sheffield.  We get on really well and have similar interests!

16. What's your favourite store?
Clothes-wise I tend to shop at Topman and H&M (which is great for basics and throw away trends), and when I feel like treating myself, Urban Outfitters and American Apparel. I also live for the apple store, I can't walk past without nipping in for a play about on the laptops- we all do it.



17. What's your favourite restaurant?
I often find myself in Nando's, it's a cult fave in the UK. However, I'm also a supporter of independent pubs. In England, and specifically the north, you can't beat pub grub- always generous portions and a friendly atmosphere, winner. 

18. Do you like school?
Unashamedly, I loved school. I was the biggest geek going but had a large group of friends- I felt like I fit in quite well. College wasn't so fun, it just felt like 'business- as-usual' everyday, whereas highschool had such a close knit community- and apart from the early mornings, I didn't mind it at all.

19. Who are your favourite youtubers?
In case you didn't know, I'm abit of a fan-girl when it comes to youtube. I watch it every night and I probably prefer it to TV in most cases. Vlog wise I love Tanya and Jim, Narcus, Zalfie- we all know and love them. I also enjoy videos by Kandee Johnson, she's so fun and uplifting.

20. What's your favourite movie?
I'm extremely indecisive, so I can't even begin to imagine what my favourites are. A couple that spring to mind are Les Mis, The Great Gatsby, Harry Potter (ofc) and Sex And The City- I'm not embarrassed in the slightest.

21. What are your favourite TV shows?
Recently I've been loving American Horror Story: Coven, I've been totally glued. My other faves are Ugly Betty and Lost- obsessed.

22. PC or Mac?
I'd love to say Mac, and deep down I probably am. On the contrary though, I'm not rich or spoilt enough to own a Mac, so I'll have to say PC. ONE DAY!

23. What phone do you have?
I'm currently using a white iphone 4. It serves me well.

24. How tall are you?
I'm 6ft or just under. I'm happy about this.

The last few questions seemed to end quite abruptly, but I didn't write the questions so don't judge. I quite enjoyed writing this out, talking about my self is my favourite thing to do. That was a joke, but not the part about enjoying blogging, I'm planning on keeping this up for a while. If you made it to the end of this post I applaud and thank you. Don't forget to give me a comment and a follow, I don't quite understand how things work around here- maybe someone can show me the ropes?

Thanks guys!


4 comments:

  1. You have got a very nice blog. Keep up the good work and looking forward to reading you! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for commenting, hope you like the kind of things I upload x

      Delete
  2. American Horror Story is amazing, I've only just finished season two on Netflix so I'm eagerly waiting to start season 3.

    Laura http://ordinarygoingson.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if so obsessed with it Laura, season three is the best too! x

      Delete